Senior Program Officer
Senior Program Officer, NGO Jobs
Columbia Global Centers
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Posted on Apply by: 10 Jul 2018
Relevant Sectors : Capacity Building, Training, Advocacy, Environment, Climate, Energy, Water, Sanitation, Monitoring, Evaluation, Policy, Research
Columbia Global Centers | Mumbai (CGCM) functions as a knowledge hub and develops programs and activities on key challenges relating to India in the global context.
Duties & Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Director of the Mumbai Center, the Senior Program Officer for Environmental Sustainability is responsible for the following activities:
- Designing programs and overseeing projects (dissemination of faculty research, developing professional training programs, and overseeing innovation challenges) in the field of Environmental Sustainability, including energy, water, air pollution, climate change, green technologies, and disaster management.
- Engaging with faculty from across Columbia University for establishing programmatic activities on environmental sustainability.
- Developing networks and partnerships with Indian institutions, including universities, research centers, government entities, private enterprises, and civil society organizations.
- Executing programs and supervising logistical planning, budgets, publicity, and program execution.
- Writing proposals, reports, and essays for the newsletter of the Center.
- Participating in monthly calls with other program staff across the Columbia Global Centers network and attending occasional program meetings.
- Traveling on occasion in India and abroad to advance the goals of the Center.
- Performing other duties as are required to meet the goals and mission of the Center and the global centers network.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Post-graduate degree in a field related to environmental sustainability required; a doctoral degree desirable.
- Relevant work experience of 7-10 years in program management related to environmental sustainability required.
- Advanced degrees from international institutions (especially in the United States) preferred.
- Familiarity with networks of relevant stakeholders in India
- Prior work experience in Mumbai city preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent coordinating skills and a passion for public programming.
- Ability to work responsibly, take initiative, and generate new ideas.
- Willingness to work flexibly and collaboratively with a small yet growing team.
To apply, please send a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than July 10, 2018.
Job Email id: cgcm.programs(at)gmail.com